Nothing is as strong as gentleness, nothing as gentle as real strength
Holy Family was founded by the Brigidine Sisters in 1928. Fostering the growth and development of it's student by living the values of Strength and Gentleness.
In 1926 Holy Family Church was opened. The building would serve as both a church and a school.
The grand residence of Dr Foxton (current site of Brigidine Chapel and Student Services building) was purchased by the Brigidine Order in 1927. Five Brigidine Sisters took up residence and established the convent.
On 17 August 1928, Dr Duhig, Archbishop of Brisbane, blessed and opened Holy Family School.
Holy Family School still holds a strong sense of community and inclusivity it has become a generational school where students grow and then return with their own families.
Holy Family maintains the tradition of Strength and Gentleness from our origins with the Brigidine sisters.